This Hiking Hostel is one of the best situated in the center of the Medieval Village of Alquézar at the door of the Natural Park of Guara
Decorated in warm tones and with rustic wooden finishes, the hostel offers shared dorm rooms from 3 to 8 people. All of the rooms from 3 until 6 people include a bathroom and heating. The 8 people rooms have shared toilets and showers.
The Hostel has an on-site restaurant and bar, and picnic lunches can be provided upon request.
The Hostel has also meeting rooms and an Indoor Climbing Wall.
Alquézar also offers a wonderful selection of restaurants and shops
A public swimming pool can be found near the Hostel
Huesca can be reached in a 40-minute drive, while Lleida is around an hour away via the A-22 Motorway. Alquézar is 2 hours and a half drive from Barcelona. Free public parking can be found near the Hiking Hostel.
8 People Room- Shared Bathroom
|B&B per person||24€|
|B&B children -13 years old||17€|
|Half Board -13 years old||30€|
3-4-5 People Room- Private Bathroom
|B&B per person||27€|
|B&B children -13 years old||18€|
|Half Board -13 years old||31€|
- Prices per person and night. VAT included
- Towels and Bed Linen provided
- Pets not allowed
- In Alquézar offers a wide selection of restaurants, shops and public swimming pool
- Activities in the area: The Natural Park of Guara (Parque Natural de los Cañones y la Sierra de Guara) is considered the best area in Europe for the practice of the Canyoning. Other activities you can’t miss: Hiking, Via Ferrata, Rafting, Horse Riding, Segway etc…
- Vertientes Aventura is your Adventure partner and can provide all the guiding and technical material services.
- Open all year
- Possibility of visit Alquézar and its surroundings through an orientation game. Fixed orientation path. To take at the tourism house.
- Nice hiking trail in the River Vero pedestrian walkway.
- Hiking through the path network of the Natural Park of the Sierra Guara
- Canyoning with the guides company “Vertientes Aventura”. There are more than 20 available marked paths in the Sierra de Guara, some are available throughout the year.
- Some other activities are available with the same company: paintball, vía ferrata, rafting, horse riding, multi adventures, family stay…
- Chance of visit caves and taste wine with Denomination of origin Somontano.
- In Autumn and in Winter, mushroom gathering is a good alternative.
- There are also a varied catalogue of activities in Autumn and in Winter at your disposal.
Other places to visit:
- Ethnological Museum of Alquézar “Casa Fabián”.
- Magnificent collegiate church wich was built in the 9th century by the moors.
- Audio guide visit of Alquézar at the tourist office.
- By reserving an accommodation, a wide explanatory file with pictures of all of the places to visit is given to you during your stay. The file includes the location of the places to visit, how to get there, the timetable, the rates and some other observations… here are some examples :
- Cultural Park of the Río Vero: visits of rupestrian paintings (Arpán, Mallata, Barfaluy, Chimiachas…) and interpretation centers of the fauna and the flora.
- Natural Park of canyons and of the Sierra of Guara, panoramic viewpoint of the Rio Vero, spring of Lecina, a one thousand year old oak, bridge of Villacantal and powerhouse of the Río Vero, ponds of Basacol, waterfalls of Bierge and valley of Río Mascún…
- Salines of Naval.