Whitewater rafting in Esera and Gallego rivers
Rafting is a fun and challenging activity that involves navigating a river, including whitewater sections, in an inflatable raft. The raft is steered by a specialized guide, while the participants row it forwards. Our rafting trips combine gentle sections of the river, where participants can relax, take a swim and play in the water, with thrilling whitewater where the boat’s crew need to coordinate to maneuver through rapids and around obstacles. The maximum number of people on each raft is between 6 and 8, depending on the size of the boat.
We offer two quite different types of trip, depending on the strength of the water encountered:
- Family Rafting or Level I (suitable for children aged 6 to 13). Trip length: approximately 2h.
- Standard Rafting or Level II (suitable for everyone over 14). Trip length: approximately 3h.
Rafting Minimum Requirements
- No previous experience necessary, simply follow your guide’s instructions both before and during the trip. Good coordination between the members of the crew is essential to keep the raft on course.
- Strength in the arms and legs is of secondary importance.
- Anyone with a basic level of fitness can participate.
- It is essential that participants can swim.
Location: Our most featured rafting trips in the Pyrenees and the Sierra de Guara
The Natural Park and Canyons Sierra de Guara, where we are based in (Alquézar), is bordered by the two largest rivers in the region of Huesca; the River Ésera is on the eastern side with rafting trips leaving from the village of Campo, and on the western side we find the River Gállego with our rafting base in the village of Murillo de Gállego.
Customers can choose either river for their trip. We advise as to which river will best suit the needs of the group, and also depending on the water conditions.
Family Rafting or Level I
- 1 to 5 participants: 37 euros.
- 6 to 11 participants: 33,50 euros
- 12 to 19 participants: 32,50 euros
* Family rafting for children under 10: 23 euros
Rafting Level II
- 1 to 5 participants: 46 euros
- 6 to 11 participants: 43,50 euros
- 12 to 19 participants: 41,50 euros
VAT included .Please consult for prices for more advanced rafting trips. Please consult for prices for larger groups or school groups
Personal equipment you need to bring:
- Sports shoes (these will get wet).
- Spare footwear.
- Sun cream.
Equipment provided by us:
- Life jacket.
- Oars, inflatable raft and other safety equipment.
- Guidance from a qualified guide.
- Accident and rescue insurance.
- In the case of a full-day activity please enquire about the possibility of including a picnic lunch.
Rafting trips’ fact sheet:
- Duration: 2 to 3 hours.
- Physical requirements : no need of previous experience, you just have to be able to swim.
- Included : qualified guide, accident and health insurance, helmet and wetsuit.
- Location : Ésera and Gállego rivers.
- Region : Huesca
- Difficulty level : low- beginners- medium